Becky White MA MSc MCIEEM
Becky is a mammalian ecologist with extensive experience of managing large multi-disciplinary ecological assessments and environmental statements. Becky has a background in mammal survey and assessment and over the past ten years has undertaken a wide range of protected species surveys throughout the north of England and Scotland, including specialist survey for bats, otter, badger, water vole, pine marten and wildcat.
Becky has undertaken academic research on a number of species, mapping animal distributions and carrying out topographic and vegetation surveys. Becky has led bat and badger walks as part of the delivery of management plans for HLF funded projects and is promoting survey for scarce bat species in Northern England and the Scottish Highlands through the computer analysis of echolocation calls.
Becky has recently completed a sabbatical in Tasmania, carrying out field work in conjunction with the University of Tasmania, assessing impacts of differing forestry techniques on native marsupial populations.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Environmental and Ecological Impact Assessment
- Winfarm Survey and Assessment
- Extended Phase 1 Survey
- Protected Species Survey and Assessment
- MA (Hons) Natural Sciences; Zoology - Cambridge University
- MSc; Ecology - Aberdeen University
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management (MCIEEM)
- Licensed Bat Surveyor