Mark Osborne MCIEEM
Senior Ornithologist / Ecologist
As Senior Ornithologist, Mark oversees all ornitholgoical survey and assessment undertaken by E3. He has extensive experience of the specialist survey and assessment required for a range of developments, including large scale on-shore wind energy proposals, quarry sites and housing.
In addition to specialising in ornithological survey and assessment, Mark undertakes extended phase 1 surveys and a range of protected species surveys including bat and newt surveys. Mark holds a Natural England survey licence for great crested newts and is training for his bat survey licence.
Prior to joining E3 Mark worked for the RSPB for five years as a Development Officer, before moving to Groundwork North East to oversee the community and land programme areas in Northumberland including major green infrastructure projects.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
- Ornithological Survey and Assessment
- Windfam Survey and Assessment
- Bat Survey
- Great Crested Newt Survey
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- BTech (Hons) Rural Resource Management, Edinburgh University
- Member of the Chartered Institude of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Licensed Great Crested Newt Surveyor
- Licensed Bat Surveyor (England and Scotland)
- Schedule 1 Licence (Barn Owl and Spotted Crake)